How to make an oustanding worldmap slide in a few seconds
How many times has your boss asked you to show the countries in which a new product will be launched or, for whatever reason, he or she has asked you to highlight some core countries that will be referred to? This has happened to me many, many times and I found myself in the corner where I needed to make one of the following choices:
- Refresh Photoshop skills and leverage the advanced selecting and crop features to identify and color the countries you need on the world map
- Use illustrator to trace the image and then identify and highlight only the part of the trace desired
- Read this article and learn a smarter and quicker way to make a brilliant slide in a few seconds
I have recently discovered a fresh and beautiful website full of resources that enables us to create many interesting visual assets that can be used to enrich our slides. One of the things you can do is world map; here’s how it works:
- Go to http://www.amcharts.com/visited_countries
Here you can see a dynamic world map, where you can quickly highlight the countries you’d like to.
- Highlight a country
In order to highlight a country, you need to select the country on the map or choose the country from the list below it.
- Choose the style that best fits your presentation style. The website allows for a lot of nice customizations.
- Download the image in the format you prefer:
I always download it as a PNG and then import it into my PowerPoint. I suggest you always hide it, so it does not seem like a brutal copy and paste from a website.
As you can see, you avoided wasting time in Photoshop or Illustrator and you quickly got the world map slide beautifully designed. I suggest you take a tour around the website, because it also enables you to create amazing charts in the same quick and intuitive manner.
So, did you know about this amazing service? I’m looking forward to hearing your comments below this post! If you liked it, please share it!
Digital Entrepreneur, Marketer, Blogger, Public speaker, Presentation design guru and Founder at MLC-Design. Top 5% PowerPoint presentation expert on Elance.com, top rated freelancer on Upwork.com and lecturer at Cattolica University of Milan. “Time is free but it’s priceless”